To apply for an ETA online you have to be resident outside of Australia, you need your passport, email address and credit card.
The data provided in filling out the application must be exactly as written in the passport. You must use the same passport linked to the question when traveling. Anyone who arrives in Australia without a valid travel document, visa or authority may be refused entry to or delayed until their identity and claims to enter Australia have been confirmed.
ETA authorization is valid for 12 months from its date of issue or until your passport expires, whichever is earlier. During this time you can get in australia whenever you want.
- You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit.
- You must not study for more than three months.
- You must not work while in Australia. You may undertake business visitor activities (undertaking of business enquiries and contractual negotiations, and attending conferences).
- You must be free from tuberculosis.
- You must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more.